September 5, 2017
Welcome back! Today was the first day of school for our students and all seemed to go very smoothly. It is so good to see the building filed with sound and smiles, it was very quiet over the summer. Schools are a special place, they need to have children and action in them, and otherwise it is very weird.
The cleaning crew did an excellent job of cleaning our building and waxing the floors, Mr. Shea was busy with small repairs and painting the building, the contractors were busy doing some concrete repairs on the outside of the building and the teachers were hard at work decorating and arranging the classroom for your children. We are ready to open!
There is so much going on in our building in the coming weeks, we are sending home this Weekly to keep you up to date.
1. Back to school night Tuesday September 12 for the new building grades K, 6-8 we will start in the caf at 7Pm with a short presentation and then move to your childs classroom for a short presentation on the class itself. Grades 2-5 will have back to school on Thursday, September 4 the routine will be the same. Our Mothers Club will have a station set up on the upper bridge both evenings for you to come by, have a coffee and a snack and sign up to help with one of our fundraising events this year. As you know, we have instituted a volunteer component to our tuition contract requiring each family to do 10 hours of fundraising per year (or pay $30.00 per hour). There are many opportunities for you to help, please stop by.
2. Today our 8th grade students were sent home with information regarding the TACHs Exam as well as the Specialized HS exam. Please mark your calendars and keep that info handy. Mrs. Stokes will be hosting a HS night around the end of the month- more details to follow.
3. Since our Hot Lunch program will not begin till early October, we are offering a modified program of pizza on Wednesday and Friday. There is a order from in this Weekly should you wish to take advantage of this lunch. The final day for orders is Monday September 18th.
4. Our afterschool programs such as Bricks for Kidz, Mad Science, etc are in place. Please look in the Weekly for registration information.
5. Our school calendar is on our website, it contains our half days as well as any days off. Please refer to this calendar throughout the year.
6. Our Mothers Club is a very dedicated group of women who give of their time and talent daily to support the efforts of our school and your children. They ask each family to support their mission by paying dues of $30.00 per year. If you have NOT sent in your dues, please do so today. Mark the envelope Mothers Club Dues.
7. Hurricane Harvey relief- From Bayside NY to Bayside, Tx is organized by the mother of our music teacher, Miss Jessica. We are collecting small items such as flashlights, batteries, band aids, pet food. Please be as generous as you can be. If anyone wants to volunteer time to load the trucks on Saturday morning, they will be meeting at 9am on Bell. I hope to see you there wearing your Sacred Heart clothing.
I welcome all of you back, and I want to thank you for choosing Sacred Heart for your childs education. We are very grateful to all of your for your trust and support. Please spread the word about our school to your friends and neighbors. We are still offering the $500.00 financial incentive if you refer a friend.