FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE FOR SCHOOL SECURITY
Dear Students, Parents, Staff, Alumni and Friends of SHCA
The past year has seen transformative changes to our school facility. Generous donations have allowed us to invest in the future of Sacred Heart Catholic Academy and its families. Recently, Bishop Massa dedicated our new Art and Music rooms. The new Art room includes a 82 inch internet-connected smart flat screen tv which enables our students to participate in educational programing from all over the world. The Art room was renovated using funds specifically donated for that purpose by the family of a graduate of the Class of 2019. Another donation from a Bayside resident was utilized for the Music room. Last February, Bishop DiMarzio dedicated a new STEAM lab paid for with a grant from the Diocese. The gym floor was resurfaced this summer using funds from an insurance recovery following a water leak. Earlier in the year, the auditorium stage was refurbished as well. The planning for a new playground has been completed and a contractor selected. Once again, the playground project is being carried out using donated funds earmarked for that purpose.
Many parents have expressed the need to improve school security in light of recent events across the country. WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE COMMENCEMENT OF A LIMITED TIME DEDICATED FUND RAISING DRIVE TO IMPROVE SCHOOL SECURITY. A BENEFACTOR HAS PLEDGED TO MATCH EVERY DOLLAR RAISED UP TO $12,500 FOR TOTAL FUNDRAISING OF $25,000 FOR THE SECURITY PROJECTS. OUR PROPOSED BUDGET IS $20,000 TO $25,000 TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A ONE BUTTON LOCK DOWN SECURITY ALERT SYSTEM THAT WILL HAVE THE CAPACITY OF INSTANTLY NOTIFYING ALL STAFF, AND EMERGENCY SERVICES ACROSS MULTIPLE DEVICES OF AN UNTOWARD INCIDENT ($3800-$5,000)
- INTEGRATED ACCESS CONTROL ENHANCED WITH UP TO 3 VIDEO/LIVE INTERCOMS. THE INTERCOMS WILL ENABLE SECURITY AND/OR ADMINISTRATION TO INTERACT WITH VISITORS WHILE THEY ARE OUTSIDE, AND GRANT ACCESS REMOTELY. ($4666 PER DOOR)
- DIGITAL LOCKS OR KEY CARD ACCESS SYSTEMS WOULD ALSO BE INTEGRATED, ALLOWING STAFF AND AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL (CYO) TO BE MONITORED ($1500 PER DOOR)
- UPGRADING OF CLASSROOM DOOR SYSTEMS WILL INVOLVE THE INSTALLATION OF ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL LOCKING DEVICES OR DOOR BARS TO 38 ROOMS ($2,000). IF ENOUGH ADDITIONAL MONEY IS RAISED, ALL EXISTING LOCKS WOULD BE REPLACED AND OUTFITTED WITH A LOCK DOWN DEVICE. ($18.000)
- EXPANSION OF EXISTING VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM FROM 13 TO 20 CAMERAS ($TBD)
THE FUND RAISING DRIVE WILL RUN FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER. PLEASE REACH OUT TO ALUMNI AND FRIENDS. LOOK FOR A SPECIAL DONATION LINK ON OUR WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK.
Donations can be sent through VENMO @SacredHeart1 or Check sent to the Main Office.
Doug Libby, Cathy Tempesta and Rose Meza,
Board of Directors, SHCA of Bayside