The inherent value of volunteers cannot be debated. One of the things that makes Sacred Heart Catholic Academy so special is that there are so many people who are willing to give their time and energy to volunteer for our children’s sake.
Thank you to the many parents, grandparents and guardians who help us provide wonderful activities at Sacred Heart Catholic Academy. They are at the school every day, serving lunches, attending meetings, setting up for activities or events, reading in the library and a variety of other tasks. The hours donated are given from the heart and they are performed with love. Each one of you are dedicated and determined to make Sacred Heart Catholic Academy the best it can be.
Parent Volunteers are always welcome. Here are a few guidelines to ensure your volunteer time is productive:
- Before you join in your activity, please be sure to go to the front desk and sign in so that the staff will know where you are in the building, and take a visitor tag so everyone else knows you are checked in.
- Please respect that classes are in session and should not be interrupted.
- Be mindful of your dress as it should be comfortable and appropriate to be working on projects and/or interacting with young students.
- If you are in the cafeteria and something should occur, please go to the teacher in charge.
- In the cafeteria no child is permitted to go behind the snack counter.
- Have fun! Know that no volunteer effort is too small, and your taking an active part at Sacred Heart Catholic Academy contributes on many levels to helping our school provide a quality education in an exciting, nurturing environment.