The inherent value of volunteers cannot be debated. One of the things that makes Sacred Heart Catholic Academy so special is that there are so many people who are willing to give their time and energy to volunteer for our children’s sake. I heard an anonymous quote recently that supports the beliefs that I hold regarding volunteers. It said, “Don’t ever question the value of volunteers. Noah’s Ark was built by volunteers; the Titanic was built by professionals.” I smile every time I hear this message.
I would like to thank the many parents, grandparents and guardians who help us provide wonderful activities at Sacred Heart Catholic Academy. They are at the school every day, serving lunches, attending meetings, setting up for activities or events, copying the Weekly, opening lunch money envelopes, reading in the library and a variety of other tasks. The hours donated are given from the heart and they are performed with love. Each one of you are dedicated and determined to make Sacred Heart Catholic Academy the best it can be.
Thank you so much for all that you do.
Mary-Anne Cooke, Principal
Parent Volunteers are always welcome. Here are a few guidelines to ensure your volunteer time is productive:
- Before you join in your activity, please be sure to go to the front desk and sign in so that the staff will know where you are in the building, and take a visitor tag so everyone else knows you are checked in.
- Please respect that classes are in session and should not be interrupted.
- Be mindful of your dress as it should be comfortable and appropriate to be working on projects and/or interacting with young students.
- We are a cell phone free school; please refrain from using your cell phone while volunteering.
- If you are in the cafeteria and something should occur, please talk to Mrs. Green immediately. If Mrs. Green is not available, please go to the teacher in charge.
- In the cafeteria no child is permitted to go behind the snack counter.
- Have fun! Know that no volunteer effort is too small, and your taking an active part at Sacred Heart Catholic Academy contributes on many levels to helping our school provide a quality education in an exciting, nurturing environment.
Looking forward we will need to ask for volunteers to help coordinate an alumni database. That would include going through the record room to get names and addresses of our graduates and compile an email list so that we can update our grads on our successes and invite them to participate in our fundraising avtivities.